Monday, September 21, 2009

My First Blog Entry, or "Why am I doing this?"

Well, I'll be getting my feet wet in the days ahead, but I thought I'd give you a quick idea of what you can expect in this blog -- a mission statement, as it were, though an informal one.

I am an author, though I'm still looking for my BIG break -- the publication of my debut novel, Forgive Me, Alex, a psychological thriller.  In the meantime, I earn a meager living as a Freelance Editor of fiction, and I currently have several published or aspiring authors as clients.  As it happens, I have room for a couple more, and I hope this blog will, among other things, lead to future clients.

More than that, however, I will use this blog as a place to commiserate with fellow authors, and to offer helpful advice and writing tips.  I'll touch on most subjects (eventually) that writers must address to raise the level of their prose to meet professional standards.  This ties in nicely with my editing service.

The service I offer my clients exceeds that of most editors, as I often take on the roll of Writing Instructor.  Now, you might say that all editors do that, and I'm sure you'd be right -- to a point.  I believe I carry it a bit further.


If you're a writer who wants to publish via traditional outlets, and you need an editor to help you prepare your piece for publication, see my service ad at:
Lane Diamond's Editing Service


I'd love to talk to you about it.

'Til next time, write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment